DigitalDrawer Improves HIPAA Compliance
Controls Within DigitalDrawer
- Provides permission-based security to ensure complete patient data protection
- Audit trail is available to track all user activity
- Redact (hide) patient and associated names of relatives, friends, etc. from documents
- AES 128-bit encryption used for document storage
- File names are encrypted so someone cannot scan the file system to find files with patient names
- Eliminates access to patient records from outside the DigitalDrawer system
By using DigitalDrawer to manage all of your patient records, your compliance with the HIPAA standards will be greatly improved.
HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act that was enacted in 1996 to help protect individuals’ personal health information (PHI). As it relates to electronic document management, the Privacy Rule and the Security Rule were put in place in 2003 to provide standards for safeguarding an individual’s PHI from unauthorized individuals.